• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Done heights. What about speeeeeeeeeed?

Craig

Well i can contribute here too :D The fastest speed i clocked in freefall so far is 182mph. That was a delta track body position (like ironman) :)

that's not speed (although fantastic video)

this:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDbS4aTwwvE

They just went in a straight line!  :facepalm:

That was a delta track body position (like ironman) :)

I have no idea what that means... :lol:

The fastest I have been on land is 158mph, in the air 623mph. The one on land was much more exciting :D

Doing what?!  :blink:

Doing what?! :blink:

Skydiving in a delta track body position; arms to the side, chin on chest, legs out straight and flying forwards at high speed, like Tony Stark AKA Ironman :)

Posted Image

Sorry, typo :whistle: it was of course 70mph on land...... 140mph round Donnington Park though, until I was pulled aside for going "too fast". How is it possibe to go "too fast" during a racecar driving lesson? :blink:

Skydiving in a delta track body position; arms to the side, chin on chest, legs out straight and flying forwards at high speed, like Tony Stark AKA Ironman :)

ma7u3u9a.jpg

Rather you than me.

Sorry, typo :whistle: it was of course 70mph on land...... 140mph round Donnington Park though, until I was pulled aside for going "too fast". How is it possibe to go "too fast" during a racecar driving lesson? :blink:

Maybe they saw your driving? :lol:

I fell off a 10ft ladder cleaning the caravan, no parachute, at least 10 m/s before impact crater created on other part of step ladder. Plus 136 mph pillion rider on Kawasaki with slippers that started melting from heat of exhaust- somewhere not in the UK so there PC.

About 136 mph (220 km/h) on the autobahn but I have to admit that in terms of bragging rights and being generally hard then throwing one's soft pink body at the ground at 182 mph trumps all Felix. Competition over I think.

About 136 mph (220 km/h) on the autobahn but I have to admit that in terms of bragging rights and being generally hard then throwing one's soft pink body at the ground at 182 mph trumps all Felix. Competition over I think.

ha ha ha! Thanks Noel but it's just exchange of banter rather than a competition :)

125mph around Donington in my old Lotus Elan S2 se, then 135 in a v8 twin turboed Lotus 7. That was scary, talk about seat of the pants

Lotus elan s2 - emma peel(dianne rigg) car in avengers nice little car . I preferred the 1924 twin turbo super charger 2.5 litre bentley (Le mans) that Steed drove. Lotus Elan great Colin C car.

Yup, brilliant car, 1600cc Cosworth Head, super light body, Chapman chassis and suspension and it went like stink. Mine was a 1967 hard top, fantastic machine, drove it everyday for 10 years, (I wont say without problems because I was always under it ;) )

Bentley Blower eh? Superb machine, slightly different principle to the Elan though BRUTE FORCE :D

Yup, brilliant car, 1600cc Cosworth Head, super light body, Chapman chassis and suspension and it went like stink. Mine was a 1967 hard top, fantastic machine, drove it everyday for 10 years, (I wont say without problems because I was always under it ;) )

Bentley Blower eh? Superb machine, slightly different principle to the Elan though BRUTE FORCE :D

I preferred the drophead and the mx5(?) always reminds me of the lotus. Had a Stag myself - crap engine but when those pipes roared - Ah bliss!!!!  - Should have been the V8 (they did prototype the v8) but thanks to the nice american fellow inc charge he put to Dolmite's together. Stags were built like tanks took 2 people to lift the hard top.

Unfortunately it was based on the Herald which had the habit of "falling over" if driver to hard round corners due to the suspension set up. Engines were easy to work on as the bonnet opened forward.  

Last classic was that was built Austin Healey 3000 I didn't have one !!!

Edited by stash

Owned this: 

YellowVX.JPG

Which became this for three months before I got it back:

Then the following year my Daughters persuaded me to trade it in as they did not want to be Dadless.

Speed?   Only I know that and felt it....

Ade

CIMG0917.JPG

Like the background image to the car on the first  :D :D  :D   My old Smart Roadster use to blow them for six round corners(nearest thing to a Lotus 7 round bends!) then I would have to wave them goodbye as they went past me on the straight like I was standing still  :)  - Never did upgrade to the V6 version of the Smart Roadster.

What the hell you could die slowly in an OAP home - "Glow Bright and Fast"  - Ignore all siblings they did when the were young you said "don't etc etc etc"

P.S. I am sure she had your best interests at heart.