• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

traffic

dawson

it's been so nice driving home from work this week as there has hardly been any traffic on the roads.

I think all kids should be taught at home :)

it's been so nice driving home from work this week as there has hardly been any traffic on the roads.

I think all kids should be taught at home :)

Agreed... by parents ;)

It has got to contribute to around a third of the volume of traffic on the roads. I love the six week holidays for just that reason.

We had to walk. Mostly because we blagged the bus money. :lol:

Whilst I too have enjoyed a clearer 13 mile journey work, I did go in Sainsburys yesterday and it was bedlam with the kids!!  (swings and roundabouts!)  :lol:  :lol:

I think kids should be taught to use their legs to walk to school, and parents not to get their cars out for such short journeys.

I never had a lift to school when I was a kid - it was either a 2-3 mile walk or catch the bus. Reducing the morning traffic from schools can make a half hour or more difference to a 40 mile drive to work. :)

It was the same for me - bus, bike or walk - I never got a lift to school unless my parents had been "summoned in"... :lol:

"I never got a lift to school unless my parents had been "summoned in""

Ahhh.... that reminds me - I did get a lift to school once or twice lol - and to juvenile court once as well hahaha! :lol:

I think kids should be taught to use their legs to walk to school, and parents not to get their cars out for such short journeys.

I never had a lift to school when I was a kid - it was either a 2-3 mile walk or catch the bus. Reducing the morning traffic from schools can make a half hour or more difference to a 40 mile drive to work. :)

I thought you went to school on a Penny Farthing Kim  :lol:

Guest ecopley

I'm not sure when it was originally invented but the people I work with reinvent it almost daily. I've given up trying to tell them. They seem happier just wasting their time. Funny little people!

Still, I'm going to reinvent the wheel lots of times during my astro career. Hopefully I'll have the sense to listen to those who've seen it before.