• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Badges!

RonC

my worst thing is everyone seems to know who I am :ladyshock: and i cant remember their names :blush:  bit senile me :wacko:

only thing is they would have to be BIG writing for us old ones too :D

Name badges are a great idea. You probably need Username too. I tend to remember the username rather than the real name :)

Guest ecopley

I'm useless at remembering names. Name badges seem sensible. It's very difficult for new members to remember the many names they need to associate with Forum names.

That said, as long as people don't mind me forgetting and being confused all the time then I wouldn't want to make a fuss.

Where am I again?

What are you lot doing in my house?

This isn't my house.

What am I doing in an aircraft carrier full of penguins?

FWIW I don't think there is a clique here. I've been on forums where this has become a problem and it soon escalates. We'd have known about it by now.

There is Craig and because your not in it you don't know.  :P:D:lol:

In all seriousness I`m joking.

I`m not fussed either way, but as some people think it will help, going forward I will wear mine (either that or pin a packet of peanuts to my coat).

If having my name badge on helps some people feel comfortable in coming up and taking to me (or avoiding me), then that's fine by me,this forum and all it's social events are for everybody to enjoy, if you dont mind wearing your badge to help others, go for it I say.

@Allan, yes, was a good night, there are some pics on my Facebook.

In fact perhaps we had an interesting real life example re this thread rather than a virtual internet meeting last night.

Basically me, Rob and Allan went to the local Legion Club and promptly walking straight into a 60th birthday party of about 200 people. Bit like the old Westerns when the good guy walks into the wrong bar. Doh.

Promptly ushered into the back room where a crowd who obviously knew each other and met every week were playing Bingo. Basically made us feel totally welcome, chatted for a couple of hours, and fleeced me for a couple of quid.

Compare to some golf/squash/cricket clubs I've been to where a simple 'Hi' at the bar from me was met by a blank stare and a turned back.

Now I don't know much but I'm sure EMS is more like the former than the later. Yes, there will always be groups of friends develop, but they aren't overtly unfriendly to others. Just don't play Bingo with Rob.

Well I'll get me a badge made, at least everyone will know who I am even if I havn't a clue who they are!  :)  :)