• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Cosmos New Series

Perkil8r

Did start this thread already guys didn't really get a positive response from Forum last time :-(

Main response was too American, made by Fox and won't be a patch on old series

Yes, I'll see if the Virgin Media box goes that far ahead and try and set it up to record the series; exciting. It will be good to see how similar or not it is to the original series which I've got on DVD somewhere.

JD

Yes, I'll see if the Virgin Media box goes that far ahead and try and set it up to record the series; exciting. It will be good to see how similar or not it is to the original series which I've got on DVD somewhere.

JD

No it doesn't James just tried to only goes to 13th March :D

You have to remember that cosmos was never aimed at the likes of us who know all there is to know. It's aimed to try and get people interested in science and astronomy, so dont expect to learn to much, bearing in mind it will be dumbed down for their target audience. But that said I am looking forward to it. I like Neil degrasse Tyson but sagan he is not.

Guest heavensabove

You have to remember that cosmos was never aimed at the likes of us who know all there is to know. It's aimed to try and get people interested in science and astronomy, so dont expect to learn to much, bearing in mind it will be dumbed down for their target audience. But that said I am looking forward to it. I like Neil degrasse Tyson but sagan he is not.

I would quite like something that is dumbed down but, though I have plenty of sky,  I don't have Sky ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone see this? I don't have national geographic channel unfortunately and can't seem to find it anywhere else.

I might have to wait for the dvd box set.

Jd

Yes, also on Sky 1 HD as well as NGeo HD. Lots of CGI's as you wouls expect but I think it stayed on course. It was a nice touch to spend some time hearing about Carl Sagan and the guy who is presenting it seems to know his stuff. We'll see what next week's episode is like. (Meantime I'll watch an original on DVD as a check!)

Ron