• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My first guided image. NGC 2903 in Leo

oldfruit

It has been a long time coming, house move over Christmas and new year, plus the really poor weather of late.

Anyway, there is more wrong with this image than right with it, processing needs looking at. Some of the stars are not perfectly round etc etc. Also I was distracted by the Aurora last night and did not check my scope, it dewed over a bit during the last few subs. :facepalm:

This is all a steep learning curve, cables everywhere.

I will stop waffling. 18 X 5 MIN subs, 8 darks. Taken with ED80, Canon 1000d, finder guider with ASI120MM, Stacked and processed in DSS and tweaked in photo shop elements.

guiding2_zps7f385c91.jpg

well done on the first image, i always seem to get dewed up on the last few images myself, it was a cold one though last night.

can i ask do you use a st4 cable with your asi 120mm guide camera ? i`m having problems with my camera using ascom driver

I was serial guiding Rob, laptop to handset, camera to usb port. That is because I have an older ASI120MM without st4 port so serial guiding was the cheapest solution to get me up and running.

cheers, i`m having a nightmare setting it up, don`t know what i`ve done, i`ll keep at it

Are you having difficulty with setting it up guiding or just the drivers in general?

both i think, have just unistalled them all and reinstalled them and it`s working YAH

dosn`t  like to go less than 1 second exposures when guiding though

Nice pic Mark. Once you have guiding perfected you're pics will take a huge jump in quality.

Then you can show me how you did it lol. :)

Nice image Mark looks like you got another galaxy to the left

Stephen

Nice image Mark looks like you got another galaxy to the left

Stephen

Keen eyes - Not noticed that one  B)

Love the image Mark.

Ade

Thanks folks, you are all correct. The intention was to get the rig guiding, once I have nailed that I will worry about image processing.