• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

hello from General T

Guest general T

Guest general T

New member just joined very new to stargazing but have wondered all my life 52 years of them give or take a few.Been researching loads books ,mags,internet, .Watched Jupiter a number of times actually saw a bit of colour and ring definition using a skywatcher150p oh and its 4 moons with a 2 times barlow and 25mm superwide supplied eye piece tried the 10mm but went like the telly after 12 midnight.Would like a hand please or pointing in the right direction (uhmm!)

Welcome to EMS Tim. Sounds a similar story to a lot of us. There's a whole heap of stuff up there to discover.

Feel free to post any specific questions in the beginners board or topic relevant areas of the boards and I'm sure you'll get a good response. :)

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum. We all start somewhere, at least you've got a scope!  :)

Hi Tim and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

I started out with a 150P as well - at around the same age too. Wish I'd begun a lot earlier in life. You'll get plenty of help here - as Mike says just pop any questions you have in the beginners section and someone will be along soon with an answer. Enjoy the forum! :)

Guest heavensabove

Hello Tim. I am an old member (at least two weeks!) and I have already had a great deal of help from the members here. I see you actually have a scope - which I don't - so you should have no problems but, if you do, simply ask a question and  it will be answered.  :)

Hi Tim welcome to the EMS

Stephen

Edited by Stephen

Hi Tim,

You will get plenty of help here as I have - I'm newish also... 

Don't be afraid to ask silly questions - Better than not knowing...

Ade

Hi Tim, a warm welcome to EMS.

Well your'e off, and have a scope, so all you need is some clear sky. Ask away with questions, someone will point you in the right direction.

Here's to many years looking up! :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Tim,

Warm welcome to EMS. If you have not done so download a planetarium program, plenty out there but try Stellarium, its great and free to be found here :--- http://www.stellarium.org/ . Also try copies of 'sky & telescope pocket star alas' and 'turn left at orion' these will all help guide you round the sky.