• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

At Last!

Teslar

Well after some serious mount issues I finally got a night to try out my 10" Newt. Managed to grab a first light with it but never had a moment to process the data. Hopefully if this week goes to plan I'll get some time on Tuesday to process the data

Posted Image

Nice, is it an F4, looking at the size I`m assuming 1000mm focal length?

Yep f4 faaaaast is the word. Graham did the belt mod and I knackered the latitude bolt so never got the chance to mount it and use it. But did the Gunnar mod last weekend and couldn't wait to try it out fortunately Saturday night was clear so pointed it straight up for M82 as I've not had a chance to image the super nova and really wanted to get it before it fades. Hopefully I've got some useful data ;)

Bet that is a sight for sore eyes Tom.

Looking good.

Now try not to beak it again :lol:

Nice light bucket of a carbon newt Tom....

You say Telescope Service f4 10CF....

Googled Telescope Service without success in the UK. Is it the a modified SkyWatcher 10CF or what?

Ade

Nice light bucket of a carbon newt Tom....

You say Telescope Service f4 10CF....

Googled Telescope Service without success in the UK. Is it the a modified SkyWatcher 10CF or what?

Ade

It's teleskop service Ade, German company. Googling that spelling and you'll find them :)

TS give it an odd name. It's just a part number from memory it began with UNC :-) it's way better than the Quattro I had. This one came with all mods I had done with the Quattro plus it was fitted with a Baader Steeltrack low profile focuser ;)

Oh and since I bought mine I found out the Bern can supply them :) so you don't have to buy them from Germany

Edited by Teslar

That's Bern at Modern Astronomy Ade. Their service is awesome and Bern is really knowledgable.

That's Bern at Modern Astronomy Ade. Their service is awesome and Bern is really knowledgable.

That's worth knowing......

Thanks

Hi Tom,

Great setup, just watch all those cables. Didn't think that you had sunshine in Kelso :)

It happens now and then ;)

The cables will be tidy soon. I bought Stephen's old hitecastro hub pro :D

Edited by Teslar