• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ZWO ASI 120 mm very low frame rates

red dwalf

Felix uses the same camera(might be Colour) how does he connect and what is his rate!

Hey Rob, I can't really help with your problem here I am afraid. The reason being I am just a simple planetary imager so the only thing plugged into my laptop (most of the time) is the ASI120MC. The only other thing I have plugged in sometimes is the hand controller into the laptop to navigate the mount with stellarium. Normally when I am doing that I am doing visual and don't have the cam attached so couldn't comment whether that affects frame rates.

As I said to you previously I have had up to 150fps also using sharpcap 2 and Firecapture.

Thanks steve, but the camera is plugged into its own port totally separate to the hub, the power on the hub isn't even turned on but when its plugged into its own port on the pc the camera suffers poor frame rates, even though they are both using totally different usb ports, as soon as the usb hub is unplugged the camera works great.

Doesn't add up to me.

Sorry Rob I must read the posts more carefully

Guest chrism37

I have an old hub you can try/have. It's a Belkin USB2 4 port jobbie.

PM me your address and I'll sort it out.

Very good of you Chris, I'll refund you the cost of the camera postage,

Ta vary much