• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 04.03.2014

catman161

Mount: NEQ6 Pro      Scope:200P     Camera: ZWO ASI120MC      Accessories: Televue 2x Powermate

Again I took 6 avis (as I did with Mars) and again only 1 is actually worth anybody looking at it! :)

The seeing was ok (6/10) however it wasn't particularly transparent considering Jupiter is at high elevation. I was getting good frame rates of 148fps in sharpcap  and the below was shot at exposure time 0.0065 and gain 31 framed at 320x280. Theres a slight misalignmnt with the moon which (I think) was Europa as I was imaging at about 10pm.

Anyway it was 3500 of 6000 frames and is "the boring side" of jupiter (I missed the GRS transit because I was watching Line of Duty-Highly recommended gritty British police drama).

Comments/advice welcomed :)

12946424543_72a22c6b08_o.png
Jupiter 04_03_2014 22_19_16 PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

Nice image Felix. I reckon you could have shopped out the moon. I'd have never have known!

Nice image Felix. I reckon you could have shopped out the moon. I'd have never have known!

Do you know Leigh I actually did but felt like it should be there as I had captured it so put it back in! Lol! Maybe il take it out again later :)

nice one Felix, can you give me lessons on how tp use these cameras, had a go last night but again i was down to 120 x 128 to get decent frame rates, only just got jupiter in l.o.l.

I am not sure what I could tell you really rob. As I have been reading your other post regarding the cam and I am fairly certain it is the hub (based on your descriptions) that is most likely affecting frame rate. However if you're still getting low frame rates whilst not using the hub and it's plugged into a USB 2.0 port it will almost certainly be the exposure time you're setting that will give slow frame rates. So I am more than happy to pop over at some point and run through it with you if you wanted? Am not sure where you live but if it's notts then James (Dawson) I am sure will be happy to help also-he is the original EMS ZWO godfather ;)

thank you very much Felix, i unplugged everything apart from the keyboard last night but had to use a active usb cable as the cable that comes with the cameras wasnt long enough, so what i`m thinking of doing is trying it on to laptop or netbook totally on it`s own to capture and use the desktop in the obsy for all the other things. lets see how i get on with that and i`ll get back to you, many thanks

Corking detail again Felix. I've emailed Peachy to tell him to watch his back :)

JD

nice pic  :thumbsup:

Felix couldn't you send your settings file from Sharpcap to Rob to see if that helps  - just a thought  :chin_scratch2:

Edited by stash

yes please,

just downloaded all the software to the dell laptop so i can use it totally seperate to the desktop pc, lets see if that works otherwise it could end up in the bin,

roll on the night !

yes please,

just downloaded all the software to the dell laptop so i can use it totally seperate to the desktop pc, lets see if that works otherwise it could end up in the bin,

roll on the night !

PM me your email address rob and I'll send you my settings file

PM me your email address rob and I'll send you my settings file

Settings file should be in your inbox Rob

Bloody hell Felix you trying for a job as NASA.

These Jup's just keep getting better and better.

Super image.

Keep them coming.  :) 

Lol! Not quite graham :D but thanks for the compliment. There is always room for improvement :)