• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Recommendations for a replacement sighting scope

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

Hi I'm thinking about changing the viewfinder on my Meade LX90 it currently has the standard 8x50 one that came with the OTA but im just after a few not to expensive alternatives that come with a diagonal. It has been suggested a skywatcher ST80 but I've never used one so I don't know if its a good or bad suggestion???

Guest StevenWhatley

Daft thing is I have just tried out my Std SW RA (non illu) Finderscope in my Bresser and it seems to work - Used existing Bresser Finder "rings" to hold SW finderscope. I now don't get a bent neck or have to be part of the circus to see thru the straight thru Finder. The problem for me was finding the correct "foot" that was compatible with the Bresser so that's why I went this route.

Not an upgrade as such more a anti Hospital mod .

Don't know enough to suggest an upgrade  :-(

P.S. Steve did you get your Work Centre Box from B&Q ?

Edited by stash

You should get a RACI version, Right Angled, Correct Image. It's easier to find your way around the sky and less backbreaking!! SW do them and other makes. Enter RACI and shop around or do a wanted in SGL and Astro B&S??

Cheers

Ron

Guest StevenWhatley

Hi Clive,

I got it from Home Base think it was £29.00, I just put a new leisure battery in it and it fitted perfect so plenty of hours power in the field now :)

Ron,

Cheers for suggestion I will scope about looking??

Is anyone out in their gardens tonight looking at DX110 ??

Clear as a bell at my end of Cranwell - not - its as Ron says  :(

Hi Clive,

I got it from Home Base think it was £29.00, I just put a new leisure battery in it and it fitted perfect so plenty of hours power in the field now :)

Ron,

Cheers for suggestion I will scope about looking??

Is anyone out in their gardens tonight looking at DX110 ??

Thanks Steve

Any one know where it's going to pass.

Don't worry. 100% cloud cover :-(

Edited by tuckstar

Duck folks one even closer tomorrow

Edited by stash

For your older folks I thought I was listening to Bob Harris Old Grey Whistle Test .

I could see the "streak" even - too much dirt on my screen.

Thought it was interesting about the one that hit the Atlantic and the pictures of Mars crater were great .

Guest StevenWhatley

Yeah I like the Mars crater too.. Yeah it works perfect.. I've updated the firmware to the latest and its works perfect with Starry Sky on the ToughBook so all I need is clear sky's to give it a proper run. :)