• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My second guided image.

oldfruit

Had a trip up to Badger farm last night. This is 24x 5 min lights, 9 x darks of M101 There are a couple of other fuzzies in there too, bonus :)

Having got the rig guiding without issue for the second time I think I now need to concentrate my efforts a little more on the processing side.

Any comments, tips welcome.

Taken with ED80 on NEQ6 pro, finder guider, canon unmodded 1000d at iso 1600.

m1012_zps13992b3e.jpg

another nice one Mark,

can i make a suggestion to try, i`ve been adding darks to my canon 1100d as your supposed to but over the last few nights i`ve been stacking the lights again without any darks added and i think the outcome is better, not so much noise and background appears darker too,

have a try and see what you think

didn`t notice the iso level, 

wouldn`t go over 800 iso myself if it`s a dark target, if it`s bright like m42 then 400 iso, maybe even less

hope you don`t mind Mark, i`ve had a play with the pic, bored with the decorating L.O.L.

your rgb levels were not aligned which i think has helped with the background alot, still a bit noisy but i think that might be due to the high iso levels.

m101-2_zps88062400.jpg

Good image Mark, I always use ISO 800, tried all sorts of settings and settled on 800. Now the processing curve starts!!  :)  :)

Glad you had a good night!

Ron

To be fair I was very tired this morning when I did this image as I only arrived home at 4.30am. So I have recharged the batteries and had another go at processing the data. I think this one has come out a lot better.

m101_zps303de682.jpg

Really nice image. It's good to see people climbing the ladder with this imaging lark. Watch out Olly!

Great second image.

JD

I use 800 as well with the DSLR

you may want to look at doing some flats as well (ses he that tries to get away with cali frames )

if you use PS for processing a litle plug in called Hasta la vista green might help

Edited by Ibbo

Thanks all for comments and advice. I have just come to work and noticed how different the image looks on my monitor at work when compared to the image on my laptop. :wacko:

The reason I opted for iso 1600 was the ED80 is quite slow as I do not use a reducer. I will try iso 800 and take more subs and darks in future. :)

Nice images.  Just wondering if you used the same length of exposure for the darks as you did the subs and whether the temperature was about the same?

Dave

Thanks Peter, using the Bat mask is a big help, needless to say I will be doing a lot of reading about processing now.

Hi Mark.

Thats a great image 101 is a pig to get when the moon is about.

+2 for the Flats.

They will help with the noise no end.

Hope you don't mind, but I've had a go at this one as well. You managed to capture a lot of data, so I've used PS to adjust the levels a bit.

Dave

m1012_zps1075c61c.jpg