• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My first planetary image

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

This is my very first planetary image, deep sky is my usual bag so I'm way out of my depth with this stuff. The scope gives me stunning views visually so I wondered how it would perform with a camera....Taken with my son's 6inch Newtonian.

any comments welcome

cheers

Peter

post-4526-0-67975900-1394409422.jpg

Guest peter shah

Great first image Peter. What camera did you use?

an imaging source  DMK 21AU04....something I borrowed off a mate.....no filters

Great first image peter and what an occasion for a first; a double shadow transit captured nicely :)

I think awesome is the word for that pete! I have just started using my new (to me) 4x powermate on Jupiter (I've got Avis goin through AS!2 right now and the image scale at the longer focal length is fantastic. Just need the conditions now. I am not too hopeful of tonight's efforts due to high hazy cloud which was almost like most but I'll have a look at why I get when they've all finished stacking in the morning.

x2.5 Pete :rockon:

get that 2.5 on there and then you will need another 24hours in the day to do the planetary as well as the DSO's

and Mars is getting nearer its best

Guest peter shah

Thanks everyone....To honest I wasn't expecting very much from a 6inch scope.....but I think with larger image scale I should be able to push it a little further.