• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Moon 09-03-2014

Guest Eddy

Mosaic taken with my trust little Celestron C90 and ASI120MC, 1000 frames each panel, all were used as I completely forgot to change settings but seeing was good so I don't think it's made it bad :)

Low(ish) res here, click image or click here for big res(18Mb)

Moon_09-03-2014_184202.jpg

WOW Eddy, I thought I was already looking at the final image until I clicked on BIG res and nearly spat my coffee all over the keyboard.
That is one very impressive image :thumbsup:

Paul

Great image Eddy, that is superb!

I mean the image is lovely, not that you are lovely.

Jd

Good recovery! :rofl:

Wow! Eddy that is top class! What settings were you using to capture and what frame rates did it allow? Leaving the settings unchanged has not been detrimental in the slightest! If I were you I would get that printed and framed! Really good shot! I'm a little jealous ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

@Felix I used full res, averaging something like 25-30fps, gain as low as possible, it seems to have helped keep the noise lovely and low :) I might actually get it printed off, nice idea

@Ibbo 8 Panels