• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello EMS

Guest smartbomb

Guest smartbomb

Hi people. I'm Paul and I'm from Mansfield. I'm relatively new to stargazing, having lurked around Stargazers Lounge since just before Christmas.

I decided the scope for me would be a Nexstar 8SE with a few extra bits and pieces so that's what I've now got. I know there are better scopes out there, and much better ones for astro photography but since I'm only interested in observing I hope this will suit me well for a while to come.

Would be nice  to meet up with some fellow enthusiasts at some point.

Paul

Hi Paul, a warm welcome to EMS. :)

The 8se is a cracking scope and will keep you happy for a good while.

I don't know what your plans are for tonight, I know it's a bit short notice, but we are having a get together at The Hurt Arms at Ambergate.  Come down the A38, take the Ripley turn off and head for Matlock on the A610. The pub is right in front of you at the end of the A610. Further info on this link.

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/7498-impromtu-meet-friday-14th-march/

Other than that, keep an eye on EMS meets, get togethers can be arranged and cancelled at short notice, so just have a look before travelling.

Look forward to meeting you and in the meantime, enjoy the forum.

Welcome to EMS Paul

Hope to meet you at one of the meets.

Ade

Hello welcome to EMS.

Great, another visual monkey, we usually lose people to the dark side pretty quick round these parts.

Hi Paul from another newbie. 

I've had a look through one of those and was very impressed. A good scope. Get along to some local meetings if you can. It's a very good way to learn.

Enjoy!!