• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi Everybody

Mitt

After many years of neglecting my favorite hobby as a kid,i'm getting back into Astronomy.(About time to)

A lot has changed since my childhood,where my main equipment was 7x50 bins,which i still own,a Tasco 30mm

refractor,well it is a telescope! I also had a 50mm refractor.Many,many years have passed since then,but i was bitten.

My pride and joy nowadays is a Skymax Pro180,when i can get my head around setting the eqatorial mount up.lol

My other hobbies include military aviation,and photography.

Regards,

Mitt.

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum, photography and stargazing go together very well, enjoy the forum and look out for the meets.

Hi David,

Welcome to EMS! 

As well as astronomy I'm also into photography (actually I don't own a scope at this point in time!). Have you got a Flickr link?

The Skymax 180 is one I've been considering myself. I'd like to hear how you find it. :)

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum, we have the same interests too (+birdwatching!) .I live at RAF Cranwell so plenty of aircraft about (including Coningsby and Waddington aircraft!)

Cheers

Ron

Hi David, a warm welcome to EMS.

That's a nice scope and a definite upgrade from the old Tasco. As for the EQ mount, feel free to ask any questions you might have, and see if you can get along to one of the meets when we finally get round to having one again.

In the meantime enjoy the forum. :)

Where about's in Derbyshire are you?

Welcome to the forum. Great scope the 180 but it can be tricky if you need any help just holler :)

Edited by Teslar

Hi David,

Welcome to EMS! 

As well as astronomy I'm also into photography (actually I don't own a scope at this point in time!). Have you got a Flickr link?

The Skymax 180 is one I've been considering myself. I'd like to hear how you find it. :)

No Flickr account yet.May get around to it at some point.

Thanks for warm welcome guys/girls.

No doupt i will be asking several questions regarding the setting up,

It will hopefully be on a permanant pier,inside a run off roof job!

David.

Guest Wayne

Hi David, welcome to EMS:-)

I still have my towa 60mm refactor, I've had it from the age of 8;-) I'm now 41. And I still use it :-)

Wayne

Hi David and welcome. I agree with your comment on setting up an eq. I often can't be bothered or haven't got the time so use a simple Alt Az. I can put the short tube 102 or Astrograph on that and be viewing in a couple of minutes.

• 2 weeks later...