• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Fancy some out reach?

tuckstar

Hi all,

I'm begging for some help again!

As some of you know, I work for parks services in Leicester.

Well we are planning an event called a bio blitz on western park in Leicester.

The event is centred around bio diversity with in the park, aiming to find 500 species, and as part of this there will be an evening (till 12pm) event on friday the 13th of June.

We are hoping to have a few scopes set up in the evening as an extra, on the premises that if it wasn't for stars we wouldn't have any bio diversity or life at all. At least that's what we've told the bosses. Although I will be there as a volunteer.

I know it's a little way off, but if anyone fancies doing some out reach and maybe a bit of promotion for EMS they would be more than welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

Andy.

Guest CodnorPaul

Remind me nearer the time Andy and if I am free and still needed I will make it down for you - will have to be late though to see anything wont it

Thanks Paul.

I know it's a little while off yet. And I'll bump this nearer the time.

Will be dark by 10ish and Saturn and Mars will make good targets with the moon a bit later if nothing else.

Western park isn't the darkest being on the edge of the city but it has a huge sky as it's quite high up.

Thanks again.