• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi all:)

Guest Gino Arcari

Guest Gino Arcari

I've just signed up to this site and I've already made a mistake haha. I made my user name 'Gino Ar' and not 'Gino Arcari' silly me, but anyway, I've been interested in astronomy all my life and know that I'm at the age where i start to understand the technical side of things (16), I'm becoming more and more involved in astronomy. I've had a dslr for two years and I've been doing day photography for all that time but only now I've started to get into astrophotography, I've have my Mak127 for about a year, had my 150pds for a week and also had my cg-4 mount for about a month. So i am quite new to actually doing practical astronomy :) loving it so far though but we've al got to admit, it can be VERY frustrating sometimes hahaha. So yeah, i hope to learn many things from this forum and heard its a more friendlier forum to SGL. Maybe some of you could check out my flickr? see what you think? http://www.flickr.com/photos/gino97/ ..... so yeah, i don't really have anyone to speak to about astronomy because my friends in school aren't into this sort of thing, while they go out partying, I'm out the back garden with a flask of tea and my telescope, so i would love to make as many friends as possible off this site to speak to about astronomy:) i could talk forever by the way hahah!

Hello and welcome to EMS.

It is possible to change your name, there are settings under your profile somewhere.

Will go check out your flicker page now but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Buonasera :)

Welcome to ems. I wish i understood all this stuff when i was 16, and sounds like you've got some good kit. What dslr and lenses do you have?

I will have a nose at your flickr on a computer sometime.

We've got other "youngsters" on here so you are not alone in having an interest in the hobby. But it is important to go out partying sometimes... Says me, the most anti-social person in the world :)

But good to have you on board and look forward to seeing your work.

Jd

Guest Gino Arcari

i have a nikon d5200 with 35mm 1.8, sigma 150-500 and 18-55. I've got a girlfriend that I've been with for a year and a half so i see her most days, i guess that makes up for not going to parties;) hahah thanks a lot to all :)

Guest Gino Arcari

hi craig, how would you do that? i see that you like wildlife, I'm the same that thats why i bought a sigma 150-500 :)

I'll just update it for you now. 

Your login name is still "Gino Ar".

I'm into all sorts of genres so have a collection of lenses. You can see them listed in my signature. I like bird photography, wildlife photography and historic/heritage photography. :)

Blimey, just looked through your flickr images... impressive.

I especially like:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gino97/8578771504/

Very clever :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gino97/9184887087/

Again very clever.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gino97/9573842068/

How did you achieve this, what focal length was it imaged at? And what otehr camera settings, f/?

JD

so you've done it?? wow you have a 70-200

Lots of saving for that one! My favourite lens by far. :)

I had a scan of your flickr and love the bird photography. A favourite subject of mine.

Craig - first time I've looked at your flickr (maybe only the fifth time I've ever been onto flickr); lots of lovely images, for me I love that one https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_boot_tog/9177927098/

JD

Thanks James :) 

I went for "moody". :D

Anyway, this is not my thread so I'll stop derailing it. :lol: 

Once again, welcome to EMS. Enjoy! :D

Guest Gino Arcari

thank you:) the andromeda pic looks rubbish now that i look at it but at the time i didn't have a eq mount...it was with my 70-300 (sold for £40) on a tripod, widest aperture, probs exposure of about 2 secs and iso i don't really know, but i love that castle picture!

Hi Gino, a warm welcome to EMS.

So, your'e a birder, a photographer, and you are into Astro as well. Looks like you are going to fit right in here. There are some great images on your flicker site, you just need one or two Astro ones. Please feel free to ask any questions you have, there's always someone willing to help out.

Enjoy the forum.:)

Welcome Gino, Hope if we bump into each other you can give me some tips on imaging. Just got a NexImage 5mp to play with, so busting for the skies to clear and take loads of pictures of my thumb etc.. Lol.

Hi Gino and welcome. Had a look at your Flickr site - WOW. Very impressed. I'm keen on nature photography but don't get results like yours!

Good luck with the astro stuff. Fun and challenging. 

• 2 weeks later...