• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Shed Grid Flooring?

catman161

Hi guys, can anybody put me onto a source of something like in the pic below. It's to go in my shed as a kind if floor protector. I had it in the shed at my previous house. Not the exact stuff below pictured but similar. All I can find is industrial sources for it. It's is just to protect the floor a little like it did in the previous shed. I'm not even sure what to actually call it which may be why I am not finding it via google.

Any help with sources/search terms appreciated. Cheers :)

u7emahez.jpg

Thanks for speedy response Sheila :) Unfortunately it's got to plastic as I don't have the means for cutting metal grates to size :( plus I am hoping plastic will be cheaper! :)

i am not sure about that, suppose it depends if you can get sizes that will fit.  not sure i know anywhere that does the plastic stuff :(

Well if you/anyone knows of anywhere that does bespoke sizes I am open to the metal version too :)

Floor space is approx 12x12 I feel perhaps a tad under, maybe 11'10" by 11'9" now I have put some pretty borders around bottom of walls in 12mm ply :) will hve a proper measure today

Felix the steel stuff is called 'Flow Forge' but if you want plastic what you need to search for is plastic egg crate sheets.

There's loads of places that do it and its cheap.

Felix, 

The stuff in the photo is normally used in food factories or similar especially where the floors are normally wet or slippery. It depends what you want it for? If it's anti fatigue/sound deadening try http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interlocking-Fatigue-Flooring-32sqft-D-Easimat/dp/B003E19ZQM or a more open type that allows the floor to breathe http://rubberstock.com/anti-fatique-mat-1.html?gclid=CMnz0ZbjvL0CFdShtAod7hAAWA

Alan

Thanks for help guys. I should have said that I already have the foam interlocking mats identical to the ones in the first link Al provided. The plastic/metal grate style panels I wanted just to place underneath these to raise them up off the concrete a little. I may just end up painting the concrete with Ronseal garage floor paint then placing the interlocking foam mats directly on top as no matter what option I look at with the the plastic egg crate style panels it's still more than I wanted to spend (just over double the cost of the interlocking mats). Wish I had seen the mats in Al's second link before buying the ones I have as they allow breathability anyway! I have laid down one corner of the matting already to test over the next few days if they accumulate much damp beneath them-will wait and see I think.

Thanks for help everyone :)

Thanks for help guys. I should have said that I already have the foam interlocking mats identical to the ones in the first link Al provided. The plastic/metal grate style panels I wanted just to place underneath these to raise them up off the concrete a little. I may just end up painting the concrete with Ronseal garage floor paint then placing the interlocking foam mats directly on top as no matter what option I look at with the the plastic egg crate style panels it's still more than I wanted to spend (just over double the cost of the interlocking mats). Wish I had seen the mats in Al's second link before buying the ones I have as they allow breathability anyway! I have laid down one corner of the matting already to test over the next few days if they accumulate much damp beneath them-will wait and see I think.

Thanks for help everyone :)

Felix have you looked at Horse matting  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Horse-Gateway-Rubber-GRASS-Mat-1500mm-x-1000mm-x-22mm-FREE-Fixings-FREE-Delivery-/131114877634?pt=UK_SportingGoods_StableAccessories_SM&hash=item1e870e42c2

DONT MISPELL MATTING on google (e.g. Mating)  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Clive, I've only just seen this! Thanks very much this looks to be exactly what I need! You're a gent! :D