• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Derby & District Astronomical Society (DDAS) Observing Session

Craig

I just got this via e-mail;

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that our NEXT OBSERVING SESSION will be held, subject to weather conditions, this Saturday, 18th February 2012 from 7:30 pm onwards at the Society's Flamsteed Observatory. A variety of telescopes will be available, including the Society's 10" Newtonian under the dome and our 8" Meade LX-90, as well as those that may brought along by members.

As usual, I will endeavour to send a go-no-go by email no later than 1 hour before the session is due to start and notice is posted on the

website at the same time.

Regards

Mike Lancaster

Derby & District Astronomical Society

http://www.derbyastronomy.org/

I am doubtful that I will be well enough, but I would highly encourage folks to pop along if the weather is good. It's a great dark site, a cracking observatory and very welcoming members.

I keep looking on the website from time to time, not plucked up the courage to pop along though. Where is the Obs? I might be more likely to attend that sort of more informal gathering as a first contact rather than in a room in town....

It's not far from Brailsford on the A52.

I know Mike personally as I've worked with him on projects at work, he's a nice chap and the other DDAS members are just as welcoming.

I doubt I will be going, I had a quick walk out to the bin earlier and just about choked to death.

Weather forecasts don't do* look hopeful at the moment, but so I might be tempted if things change.

*got the wrong day! :D

Edited by DaveJW