• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meetings 3rd May and June 28th

For the next meetings at Badger Farm ( 3rd May and 28th June ) we have a guest speaker, Chris Roche.

Chris is a member of the North Lincs Astro Society and is a regular speaker for them.

The 3rd May talk is titled 'Where Have You Been Tonight?' and for June 28th we have 'Imagining the Unimaginable'

The meeting time is 7pm with the aim to start the talks at 7:30pm.

We have use of the teaching room Susi uses for her basket weaving classes and also the small cafe. These are located at the farm buildings at the very end of the track that runs alongside the meeting field.

If clear we will be observing as usual in the field once it is dark.

Can those planning to attend please respond to this thread or email Dave on the ELAC site so we have an idea of numbers for refreshments, thank you.

Usual fees apply.

Edited by tbird

Thanks Ron,

Susi is busy next weekend at the 'Spirit of the Marsh' event but after that I'll ask for the key when I take her the monies for use of the site.

We have the use of the 'Barn' for the next 3 meets.

I will be there(3rd May) to - presume parking allowed as normal on top field ?

Not sure for 28th June

Edited by stash

I will be there(3rd May) to - presume parking allowed as normal on top field ?

Not sure for 28th June

There is parking available at the end of the track or you can park near the crew hut and walk down ( it is quite steep ).

There is parking available at the end of the track or you can park near the crew hut and walk down ( it is quite steep ).

Just to clarify, we are still ok to park near the old hut that we have been using?

Just to clarify, we are still ok to park near the old hut that we have been using?

Yes you can park as normal and walk down or drive and park at the farm buildings

Looking forward to it paul, im working in the day but should be there for 7.30.

Guest @ndyC

I would have loved to attend this weekend but i'm taking the missus out for our anniversary. The talks sound interesting and the developments in the site are a positive step, the talks are a great idea and will make the evenings even more enjoyable. Hope you all get clear sky's.

Guest ajplug

Sorry to say unable to make it tonight as seem to be coming down with the flu. Hope you all have a good evening and the sky stays clear.

Very enjoyable evening. Thanks to Chris Roche for a very interesting talk that he gave this evening. Thanks also to Paul (tbird) for supplying refreshments and to Dave and Clare for a fine choice of biscuits.  A good turn out tonight despite the weather. After the talk we did manage to get a look at Mars, Jupiter and the Moon. The usual chit chat later on as the clouds obscured everything. Nice to see everyone.

Enjoyable evening, good talk, good tea and company. Sorry I left early but the previous night/morning caught up with me!!

Are we planning a meeting at the end of May for this meteor shower??

Cheers

Ron

Good talk and early views and it did clear (a bit) at 12.00 - Did it again lost a screw on finder ring  :facepalm:  Good job my head is attached to my body :screwloose: .

Like the "posh" tea room and the waiter did excellent service with teas etc.

That hill  :D is going to be fun in the winter especially the steps - need to get fitter :(   - bad since dog died.

Glad you found it Clive, kept me awake last night worrying!! ;)  :lol:  :lol:

Glad you found it Clive, kept me awake last night worrying!! ;)  :lol:  :lol:

Like the night before it made you "Hit The Bottle" with the worry  :D