• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Starting the work?

cosmic dave

Does anybody fancy giving there sunday (may11) up and help out with the renovations and nettle cutting @ badger farm?

I was thinking of going to Lincoln next Sunday, Paul Money is doing a talk at The Collection for Lincoln Inspired event.

Yes paul I think Saturday might be a better option? Any thoughts anyone?

I would have (tried) to help if I could, but with CFS and an exam the day after I don't think it would do me many favours :(

Have fun :)

I should be able to make myself available for a few hours either day.

Saturday would be better  10.00am - 14.00 best time for me - do you need my petrol strimmer bringing and petrol ?

Oh yes please we clear behind the clubhouse and steps to viewing area.

So  can I confirm to "her indoors" what time , when and do we have to see the owners first before chopping the under growth around the club house ? 

Looking at the weather forecast I think I will give it a miss this week end - slipping down steep banks with a petrol strimmer  in the rain isn't my idea of fun,

Sorry  :(

I made a bit of a start this morning. It's clean and dry inside without the draughts of the crew hut. When we have some dry weather it needs some paint.

Before :

14151982945_95a4eaf24d_s.jpgIMG_8397 by ptbird66, on Flickr

After :

13965285267_ca11b8504e_s.jpgIMG_8399 by ptbird66, on Flickr

I was awaiting confirmation that we were actually going?

Well I was well and truly stitched up! Thought we were going to wedding, went to pick up some flowers en-route only to find out it was a ruse and an 8  week old Bichon Frise puppy was waiting for me!! Quite a day!! Weeding looks good Paul, well done mate! :)

Nice job Dave  think we owe you a pint - seems the weather forecast was out again hardly rained in Cranwell (pi**ing it down as I write)   after 10.00am - Louth ???

Dave is there any more strimming to be done ???? or just pinting ?? - i have some willow green(dulux 2-3ltr) and Crown white emulsion (2-3ltrs) which the club could have(free) if that's any good.

Agree with Mark  on need for keeping everyone informed as what is going on  - so you are not left doing the work Dave.

Anyone not at work on Wednesday??? as it looks dry and Tuesday night (late 10pm - Wed 2.00am) looks clear) - hint hint kill two birds with one stone !!!

Ron does it come with batteries and does it stand on its back legs if you clap :D ???

I didn't go paul did it but he doesn't drink so I'll have that pint lol

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  _ sorry Paul thought it was Dave who went as you were going to Lincoln ( i thought - probably got that wrong as well) 

Dave you are on one  - 1 pint  of TEA  ;)