• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sat night 18/2

Guest Fluke

After potentially raining for most of the day, the forecast looks positive for clear skies Saturday evening.

I'm still considering going to the Derbys society meet but would prefer to do some proper observing instead.

I've not been to the Sawley site yet and wouldn't mind giving it a go prior to handing over my dark site fees :D !

Anyone keen if the weather looks good?

Would have like to mate but seeing the family back in Devon this weekend. Sunday evening looks to be clear down there so naturally the 200p is currently sitting on the backseat and the 15x70 bins and associated stargazing items are in the boot :) pretty dark skies around my folks place.

Guest David Pugh

Dan, I am the same as you I want to do some observing having not done any for weeks, that is if the weather is good.

I would prefer to go to Belper, as I haven't yet seen a clear sky there yet and it's a bit closer.

Dan, I am the same as you I want to do some observing having not done any for weeks, that is if the weather is good.

I would prefer to go to Belper, as I haven't yet seen a clear sky there yet and it's a bit closer.

David you can use Belper anytime you want as there is no key needed.

I am up for either site provided the weather is as it has been forecast. Dying to try out my new Hyperion Zoom

Cheers

Tony

I love my Hyperion zoom ;) hope you get to use yours

Guest BigTfromNotts

Do you mind if I join you Martyn?

I have never been to Sawley, however, after listening to comments about it, it appears to be a little more light polluted. So Belper would be my preference.

Cheers

Tony

The more the merrier I say.

There's no Moon, the rain should have got any muck out the sky, and it's forecast clear all night.

Marvellous.

It may be a bit boggy though, it doesn't drain to well up there.