• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Muckleborough -Kelling 2014

philjay

Hi folks I am going to book a drive in their 432 personnel carrier this year one day during the week, possibly the wednesday or thursday afternoon. If anyone else is interested I may be able to do a deal for a small group (2-3) with them.

Unfortunately you cant drive the Abbott or Swiss Panzer only the 432 but its great fun. Normal price is £100 a session. A session consists of dressing up and a quick training session before getting a drive for about 15-20 minutes. But I intend to tell him to forget the dressing up as I just want to drive, so if theres a couple of us and we dont do the messing about just drive he may do a deal.

Anyone up for it? You get a certificate as well :-)

Edited by philjay

Just got off the phone with the chap that does the sessions, Muckleborough will only do the driving on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays and there are no concessions for groups so its still £100 each no matter how many do it unfortunately.

The saturday is out really as this is the kelling main day unless we do the afternoon wh7ch he wasnt too enamoured with as he prefers 10am start. That leaves the monday and tuesday, 22 &23. Im booked in from the 23rd so i would be setting up camp. So its not looking promising unless i go for an extra night at kelling and arrive on the monday 22nd. I reckon I shall do this as I really want a drive

So thats a 432 personnel carrier drive on tuesday 23rd 1300 - 1400 hours ish to give us a lay in.

Are you still up for it?

Been in enough 432's to last me a lifetime thanks!! Albeit the ambulance version in BAOR!!

OK Noel mo worries, Im tempted to say no to him but I want to drive a tank bad and this is about the best way without having to play at soldiers for 2 hours then get 10 minutes drive.

Not driven one for about 4 years so Im about due

This guy is only the instructor and doesn't set the rules, Muckleborough do so he cant give concessions or turn up on other days hence the inflexibility. Shame but its looking like I will get an extra day at Kelling on this :D .