• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

www.lightbuckets.com

Guest wisewoman

Guest wisewoman

Hey there,

So its my birthday today and I received a voucher to spend on telescope time via www.lightbuckets.com.

Has anyone used this site before? If so how did you find it?

Cheers,

Melissa :)

Many happy returns Melissa - hope you have a smashing day :)

Wow they have some nice gear there - well spread around the world too - I think they're Canada based. I never used remot scope services before but a 15 year old girl in the UK discovered a new exoplanet a few weeks ago using remote facilities. You just have to watch the cost with those things cos some can get quite expensive if you get carried away (easilly done lol). Best thing is to have a specific objective before you use them and a plan for attaining the image to get the best out of your time :)

╔♫╗────────╔â•â•¦â•—─♫╗╔╗─╔╗─♥──

â•‘â•©â• â•â•¦â•â•¦â•â•¦â•¦â•—║╚╠╬╦╣╚╣╚╦â•â• â•â•¦â•¦â•—

║╦║╬║╬║╬║║║║╔║║╔╣╔╣║║╬║╬║║║

╚╩╩╩╣╔╣╔╬╗║♫â•â•©â•©â•â•šâ•â•©â•©â•©â•â•©â•©â•¬â•—â•‘

────♫â•â•šâ•â•šâ•â•â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â”€â•šâ•â™¥

Hope you have a great day :D

Never used the site myself, so can't help you with that.

Happy Birthday Melissa. :)

I hope you have a smashing day.

Iam sorry, but Iam no use either, but maybe others may have experience with them.

Just want to add Mellisa when you do control that monster 32" scope let us all know how it went, I for one will be really interested.

Guest wisewoman

Yes it does sound like a good idea actually! I could do with some help as I'm already racked with indecision about what to look at! lol :D

Melissa

Hi Melissa and a belated birthday greeting for yesterday

I have not tried Lightbuckets although I am registered with them and they keep sending me news I have however tried the GRAS (Global Rent A Scope) sometime back. I like you had some free time given and I used a Tak Sky90 with a stonking SBIG camera on it in Moorook South Australia.

Its something which I feel I could spend alot of time and cash on hence I keep away from it now. The few images I took were exceptional due to the fancy kit and good skies and I would recommend anyone having a go, but with caution ;) as its addictive

Phil