• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M13 with the Atik 314L+

red dwalf

taken on a moon lit night again, not very dark skies but did a little test picture as i try to get to grips with imaging techniques and processing.

very short exposure times and not many exposures, 7 x 2 minutes each in the RGB and 12 x 2 minutes in the lum channel.

m13finished2_zps139827c6.png

Nice one. Unsure as to why you are using darks on such short exposures though, the 314 is a very quiet CCD, have you remembered to turn on the cooling? It makes a huge difference.

Thanks, I had the cooler on but it was fairly warm night so only managed to get down to minus 8 so I thought I would throw in some farms to help, might try the processing again without the farms.

Thanks Allan, capturing is becoming the easy part, hard part is the processing, been playing with different settings in deep sky stacker

Nice one Rob.

If you can get hold of a copy of Maxim grab it.

I found processing the 314 images way better with it.

That's a really nice image considering you had the moon to contend with. A bonus galaxy chucked in for good measure. NGC6207 I think.

WHEN, we get darker, clearer nights I think you will do well.