• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another Mars

Ibbo

Yep Mare Acidalium at the top with Chyse in between it and Margantifer Sinus. Sinus Meridini on the right, nice one.

I also like the atmospherics on east and western limbs I reckon the clouds over the Tharsis volcanoes have caused alot of the atmospherics in there.

Phil

Good God, this even got my wifes attention and she doesn't normally give two hoots about astro stuff, good one!

To be fair, Mrs Strings loves her science fiction especially where mars is concerned so a nice pic of the red one will always hit the mark.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darrian

Fantastic image steve .... Better than my effort, All i got was a red blob which i thought was a mark on the screen ..lol

Its images like this that make you understand why ealy astronomers thought there could be life on Mars, the dark areas look like continents and to the right side is one of the infamous canals.