• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Exo - planet naming.

tuckstar

It's an interesting idea Andy.

Another project I participate in most weeks is projects which come under the Cosmoquest banner...

http://cosmoquest.org/

These are actual citizen science projects where mapping the moon, Mercuray and Vesta are actually contributing to science, rather than just naming stuff (which is still cool).

I also assist in cataloging galaxy's that have been found as part of the Hubble deep field survey (which Stargazing live boosted back in January).

Anything that contributes to science that the general public can assist in is good in my book.

Edited by Daz Type-R

I'm quite often asteroid hunting on galaxy zoo. Started do galaxies but then moved on to asteroids for a bit. But this just a bit different. I'm sure more information will arise when it starts to come on line. I shall raise it with my society but it's open for non profit organisations as well.