• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Card Bahtinov Mask

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

After splashing out on and NEQ6pro and a SWED80 Pro this month, im hard pressed to spend anymore money so out comes the DIY brain... pretty easyone this but saves £15 quid..

Made a template in Corel Draw, the printed it out on the Vinyl Cutter/Plotter at work onto fluorescent card..

14785573475_eb0a9ea487_b.jpgUntitled by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

and simply popped out the bits I didn't need..

These are ok I think on a small scale but would have to buy thicker card if I wanted to produce larger ones..

Just need the scope to turn up from FLO, and give them a test..

If it works I'm happy to make some more up if anyone interested.

Cheers 

Guest StevenWhatley

Update -  SWED80 has arrived :) wow only ordered it at 1.30pm yesterday Thanks FLO !!! 

ED80 With above Bahtinov Mask (although I forgot to mention above that it has a black Vinyl Back)

14783838064_4d765c3163_b.jpgSkywatcher ED80 Pro with home made Bahtinov Mask by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

14783044761_72eb8e688f_b.jpgSkywatcher ED80 Pro with home made Bahtinov Mask by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr