• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M13 & M27 First Light with the ED80

Guest StevenWhatley

Guest StevenWhatley

Well Last night proved to be the most successful evening i have ever had imaging, so really happy I took the plunge and spent the money last week on the NEQ6 & SWED80, I spent a few hours sky hopping just to see what was about in my field of view from the garden. 

I started imaging M32 but they haven't come out as good as i had hoped but that's why we process i guess :) 

I pointed at M13 just for a crack as I though it might be just behind the neighbours tall trees but it seem afew degrees above so I did a few subs and a couple darks and really please with the result so defo target for future nights.

I also had a go at M27 which i tried with the LX90 and never could quite get it right and again super pleased with the result from such small amount of time actually imaging it, so again another must do in future.

Thanks to everyone for the advise on purchases £1200 well spent last week.

Now just need to master Alignmaster as It just seemed to knock me miles out of alignment when I had finished the setup.

14819913745_50a6784daf_h.jpgM13 Hercules Cluster by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

14817545654_261d366b11_h.jpgM27 Dumbell Nebula by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

New kit , new problems but keep going it will come right in the end  ;)

Nice. Especially like the look of  the Dumbell Nebula. One I fancy having a go at myself!

Best  of luck with the new kit.

Steve