• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2015

Allan the Plumber

Just a quick one to ask are we organizing a group booking for Kelling 2015?

its about this time last year as we did for this years Autumn 2014 star party 20th Aug????

I've looked at Kelling website and the Starparty own website and nothing showing at the moment apart from the Spring 2015 dates, looking at Moon phases i won't be surprised if its not the weekend of the 11th September based on a new moon on the Sunday but hey what do I know 

Just asking 

If not I'll contact Kelling direct and ask whats happening 2015 

Cheers 

already asked Kelling and no one has dates as yet or will not confirm them. will do my best to get a block booking, but if i cant (when date is released)  i will

let everyone know ASAP so they can book.  At the moment we are hoping to get a block book

Sheila

Thanks Shelia will keep an eye on forum as you say failing non block booking will have to jump as soon as we can lets hope we can get our little block in the same place 

we have had that blue field for a number of years, once it was a field of last resort but i think it`s better than the yellow with all those trees in the way.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. Not long until kelling 2014 :-)

Edited by cgolder

Much better than the yellow where we are, I couldn't believe folks were trying to observe in the bottom end of the yellow with all those trees. I suspect in a few more years when more of the blue field trees have grown some more it will get worse but not as bad as that.

Nothing a few choice cuts with a saw wouldnt solve, the next time we have high winds - voila.

:bat:

We were in the yellow field last year, and this, and it wasn't to bad. Still get plenty of sky and the trees do shelter if it's not brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kheldar

Thread on SGL just posted implies they are now taking bookings!

The EMS arrangements are in hand - little bit of patience and there will be a post ;)

The EMS arrangements are in hand - little bit of patience and there will be a post ;)

I was just letting anyone know, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it next year myself :(

Please see official booking thread for any bookings etc.  

Date is 10th - 14th September 2015

Sheila

PLEASE NOTE THE BOOKING THREAD

We have 2 pitches left and two pitches (Martyn) and (Geezanova) that i have no confirmation of a booking.

Kelling will be onto me me shortly as the provisional block book has to be sorted

and pitches handed back by the end of this week.  That will aloow them to reallocate and sell them before

or at Kelling

Please anyone wishing to go or still yet to book let me know ASAP.

thanks

Sheila

PLEASE NOTE THE BOOKING THREAD

We have 2 pitches left 231 and 232 all the others have been booked

THESE PITCHES ARE GOING TO BE HANDED BACK THIS WEEK. IF YOU HAVE NOT BOOKED AND WANT TO GO

PLEASE LET ME KNOW. AFTER THAT YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN AND WILL HAVE TO TAKE WHATEVER IS AVAILABLE

IF ANYTHING WHEN YOU DECIDE.

Sheila

thanks

Edited by Sheila

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well all pitches are now booked or handed back, so anyone wanting a pitch now for Autumn 2015 is on their own.

My job is done :D

Sheila