• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Kelling 2015

Allan the Plumber

Only 40 more days to go (if your doing the main days), I am (as always) 75% packed already.

:rockon:

Hope the weather plays ball, it's been pretty miserable so far!!

Okay it's my usual August thread any idea when booking for 2016 will be open have seen and confirmed dates thanks Damian Devil 74 plus not long to go now to this years

Okay it's my usual August thread any idea when booking for 2016 will be open have seen and confirmed dates thanks Damian Devil 74 plus not long to go now to this years

you have dates for 2016???

Sheila

seems dated are supposed to be 29th Sept to 3rd October, nothing official yet though.  Last year you could not book as

early as we did previous years, kelling were reluctant to take any bookings pre September.  Will keep my eye on it and let you know

• Like 1

Ta for the updates Sheila, it'll be fun if they open bookings during this years event, imagine the scene at reception :-) :-)

Yes I've been watching for the dates as well. I think we're just waiting for Norwich or Loughton AS to confirm officially and Kelling to open bookings. :)

Edited by Brantuk

Nice one Allan and Sheila, fantastic work there!

:thumbsup:

Needless to say, I will be there next year.

Please please please clear nights please please I promise I'll be good

Yes I've been watching for the dates as well. I think we're just waiting for Norwich or Loughton AS to confirm officially and Kelling to open bookings. :)

Kelling are confused as they know the date as do we but they cant confirm :lol:

Yes - I just spoke with them to extend this years booking for our pitch - and they they said they can't confirm the 2016 dates yet - but they say 2016 dates will go on sale "sometime" after this years event.

Yes - I just spoke with them to extend this years booking for our pitch - and they they said they can't confirm the 2016 dates yet - but they say 2016 dates will go on sale "sometime" after this years event.

I doubt very much it will be after this years event, it is never that late :D  but the date is blocked off by them in their calendar for the dates

above so I can only assume this is correct, as I cant think of anything else that would block up Kelling at the end of September :lol:

"I doubt very much it will be after this years event"

I tend to agree with you there Sheila - I always come away with doubts after talking to the reception girls who rarely seem to have a legit straight up correct story.

Though in the old system many moons ago before EMS started at Kelling - they used to sell next years pitches on the morning of the Sunday of this years event. It was a nightmare cos there was always a queue a mile long by 8am outside reception with everyone trying to get the best pitches lol.

It's always baffled me why they make such a fuss of it - once they have agreed dates with the organisers it ought to be very straight forward for them to start selling pitches. Beats me :dontknow::rolleyes2:

I never understand the folks who book the red field and don't turn up, it was half empty last year.

and they were all in bed by 21:00 with all the white lights on.

:blink::rolleyes::facepalm2:

yes i remember that well, white lights all over the place on the red field :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, since the pitches at kelling are known to be pretty big, If anyone wanted to come along this year, but didn't get a space, you are more than welcome to share my pitch as I only have a really small tent, providing Kelling have no issues with it (I'll check with them if someone decides they want to come), just drop me a PM or reply here.

Just added the 7th so Im now monday to monday, I am really looking forward to this now. Its all I can do to stop myself packing the van now 2 weeks away :-)

• 2 weeks later...