• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

anyone going belper for perseids?

Guest unfittinglizard

Guest unfittinglizard

im thinking of checking out the site tonight and also try to image the perseids

anyone going to be down there?

thanks

Hi, I doubt it, the Perseid is not at peak until the 11-13th and while they may be viewable throughout the night, they are best viewed before dawn. Coupled with the "super moon" only the brightest will be visable. Also, it's blowing a right gale here with gusts at Belper pushing 38mph, if you have never been up the dark site before, it's high, so I can imagine the wind being even stronger, I would like to see even the most stable mount get decent shots with 38mph gusts. It's also forecast cloud with rain, so on all that, I don't see the point. Will keep an eye out from home (if the cloud ever clears).

it is extremely windy here, so will be worse at belper, imaging may be interesting, heavy rain till 1 am, but good luck if you decide to go.

cannot make it myself

Sheila