• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First light evostar 120, bresser 152 nagler 13mm, axiom 23mm

Guest Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

At last had the opportuinity to quickly set these up side by side on the old skytee and pillar extension after some friends departed at 2am!.

Axiom on the evostar gave a lovely flat field pin sharp from edge to edge,  target double cluster in Perseus. Rich starfield in the axiom, switching to the bresser and nagler i was surprised how dark the sky was until i removed the small cap on the field lens :facepalm2: . The dual speed focusser on the evostar was a revelation.

Both scopes and eyepieces were outstanding, Bresser put away, turned to the moon with the axiom and nagler. My first surprise was the lack of CA using both ep's, whether the quality of the ep had some bearing on the view, or the evostar  is a particularly well corrected instrument.

Even with some atmospheric disturbance the pin sharp views were excellent - to test now on the 150mm mak and st120.

its nice to have some kit again. I resisted using Pete's new ethos which is sitting here in my office.... :D

Edited by Tweedledum

Glad you managed to get out and are pleased with your kit Damian.

I told you to test that 17 Ethos out for me when it arrived. It might be rubbish :)

Glad you have some kit again Damian, sounds a nice set up.

Pete, they are definitely rubbish, I'd be cutting my own throat but I could stretch to £30, just to help you out of course. (cough cough) :lol:

Nice write up, like Martyn said, glad you have some kit, does sound like a nice setup, and as for those nasty Tele Vue eps, I couldn't let you tarnish your kit Martyn with one of those, I will do you all a favour and take it off your hands for £35, just because I'm that kind of guy!

;)

Guest Tweedledum

Cheers folks, thanks Pete for your help too! .. Will post up the other scopes / ep's  as used . Tackle tramp looking out for s\h ES 5.5mm 82/100. :o .. Your a bad influence Pete :D ..