• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

eruptions!

tuckstar

If only we are that lucky, I'm sure we will have wall to wall cloud right up until the ban is lifted!

Very quiet at work last time it went off, got to the point where the boss was going to let people go.

Plus the "Ash cloud" causes atmospheric distortion doesn't it and the UK will probably get that. Rather not have that thanks especially as we are over due for a big one.

Last time we had an eruption was just before I got into the hobby, but many have told me that it was some of the best seeing conditions for years despite any dust in the atmosphere. Counter to what I thought would of happened.

Last time we had an eruption was just before I got into the hobby, but many have told me that it was some of the best seeing conditions for years despite any dust in the atmosphere. Counter to what I thought would of happened.

Well you live and learn - or does that mean planes are worse polluters than volcanoes  :)

Think they just stir the air alot more than volcanic activity. But they certainly chuck out some rubbish.

The last eruption is still a fond memory for me, I was beta testing the Skylight 4"F15 serial no 0001. Great planetary and lunar views due to the still atmosphere, no contrails, despite the dust

We were at SGL and it was just the best sky I have ever seen. I think the contrails add no end to poor visibility, there was some where a meteorological report that said that over the period the aircraft were grounded, the average temp went up by a few degrees.