• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Comet C/2014 E2 Jacques

Marvellous image Rob. Lovely green colour.  I saw today on Heavens-Above, the mag was about 12-13.  So with 1100d with std lens, and little magnification with that lens, I'm not sure I'd have recorded it. I will look at the images and stack them if I see any hint.

Thanks for your and Nick's help last night in getting me started with this new camera, the first time I'd used it. 

thanks guys for your comments,

Allan, yep went to the meet but left about 1 am, got home and still clear so went in the obsy for a couple of hours, felling it now L.O.L.

Ron, it was only 1 minute subs so hardly any star or comet trails, one of LRGB and a simple process in photoshop then combined them into a LRGB image

Derek, glad we could help alittle but i think Nick did it all, he knows more about using the DLSR cameras than me, you`ll soon be attaching it to a scope. 

Marvellous image Rob. Lovely green colour.  I saw today on Heavens-Above, the mag was about 12-13.  So with 1100d with std lens, and little magnification with that lens, I'm not sure I'd have recorded it. I will look at the images and stack them if I see any hint.

Thanks for your and Nick's help last night in getting me started with this new camera, the first time I'd used it. 

It was Heavens Above where I got the comet mag from. I don't understand the value, now subsequently given as around 11, despite what I was led to believe was 6th mag or brighter.