• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Big thanks

cosmic dave

Big turn out at badger farm last night, big thank you to everyone that came along [emoji3]

Enjoyable night! Once the cloud cleared at 22.00hrs it was a delight to see the Milky Way and now M45 etc...

Bagged 6 new Messier's for my list; M8,21,22,23,24,& 77 !

Tried a bit of AP but camera battery was on it's last legs (forgot to charge it before I went!!) :wacko: 

Good to see everyone and thanks Paul for the refreshments..

Cheers

Ron 

Message from Stuart via SGL to all ELAC at meeting last night.

"

Again, thanks for the heads up, great bunch of guys there and the conditions and site equally so, was really refreshing having it all come together like it did. Also great to do some visual as well, practically a first for me especially through a large Dob.

I obviously won't be able to remember all the names let alone faces (as it was already getting dark by the time I got there).

Will perhaps bump into you lot again if we are down here on the days of the meets.

Will process the images over the next week or so and they will end up on SGL and I may put them on your forum as well...I don't currently do Facebook but do Flicker instead.

Cheers,

Stuart"

Hello All at ELAC,

Thanks for echoing the above message Clive, it really was great to get out there and meet you lot. As I said in the message to Clive, I can't remember everybody's names (won't mention the ones I do remember in case I offend those that I don't) but hope to bump into you again if we are visiting the in-laws on the "meet" days and weather permitting.

Was great to see everybody's setups, and of course new to me was actually getting some visual in which was great (though I am still an imager at heart!). I would fancy a Dob to do some visual while imaging, but the car is already full unfortunately and we all know Dobs aren't pocketable...

Thanks again,

Stuart

Glad you enjoyed the company Stuart, and what I nice set up you have. That lens you have on your camera is something else! How did the Bubble Nebula image turn out Stuart? Looked good on the camera display.

How did the Bubble Nebula image turn out Stuart? Looked good on the camera display.

Still busy processing the Bubble, will post the image once done. Didn't get to do much yesterday after 2 consecutive nights of getting around 3 hours of sleep caught up with me...not that I am complaining.

Still busy processing the Bubble, will post the image once done. Didn't get to do much yesterday after 2 consecutive nights of getting around 3 hours of sleep caught up with me...not that I am complaining.

We all know that feeling all too well. Look forward to seeing the results.

Sorry I missed looking at the AP pictures to tour the Wild life pictures some of which were brilliant especially the Owl's and other Raptors (a bit biased on these!).

Oh yeah the AP weren't bad either.