• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

PHD settings

Allan the Plumber

Hi just been re installing all my software since my Ascom eqmod issue can anyone forward me either the link or give me send me the setting we had for PhD settings based on the usual ST80 scope I can't seen to find the screen scrape or thread

Many thanks

Allan

Edited by Allan the Plumber

here you go Allan,

http://openphdguiding.org/snapshots.html

link for phd 2 latest version, once downloaded it`ll do a wizard and set up for you, when done go to the brain, click on the mount setting and at the bottom you`ll have settings for calibration steps and focal length of scope, enter focal length of scope and it will work out the amount of calibration steps needed automatically.

Thanks Rob will download will it work with the QHYII camera as I know your a a zwo camera

it has it listed in the cameras available Allan, qhy5 ii and qhy5 Lii

i`m fairly certain that my camera has a fond dislike to the active usb cable although i managed to get between 4 and 5 fps out of it last night tweaking the camera settings and it has worked fine tonight with 2 hours worth of 10 and 20 minute subs.

ordered a powered usb hub to see if that helps with the frame rates although 4 fps will be more than enough for guiding.