• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

completed witches broom

red dwalf

finally managed to get almost 2 hours worth of Sii channel last night to complete the narrowband channels, again not the best seeing conditions but i think it`s not come out too badly at all,

first image shows the narrowband filters assigned to HA = Red, Oiii = green Sii = blue.

1stfinishedveilnebharedoiiigreensiibluei

then i did a hubble pallet version with the channels assigned Sii = red Ha = green Oiii = blue.

2ndveilnebulahubblepalletinternetversion

think i like the hubble pallet best.

reprocessed the hubble pallet image and reduced the green a little and this is the result.

hubblepalletveilnebcompletedcopy_zpsb8dd

and i also added almost an hours worth of Luminance to this one with the luminance channel applied at 40%

these are about the best i can do with my poor processing skills at the moment but slowly getting there i think.

hubblepalletveilnebcompletedwithluminanc

Edited by red dwalf

yes i think these colours look alittle loud but i think it`s the way i have saved the picture for internet viewing, hard to get it right 

thanks guys, i`m just taking some luminance subs to drop over the top to see if that helps, also with luck some more Sii subs,

had a school boy moment, when i had taken the Sii subs i realised that i had moved the camera so now the frames would not match up, had to learn how to rotate a single channel in photoshop very quickly. 

Nice Rob, :D  and very loud :D

How did you combine the images as there seem to be a slight offset on the colours?? Or is it my old eyes or glasses :lol:

i can`t seem to qiute get the channels aligned as perfectly as i would like, i opened the 3 layers in photoshop and usually i click down the bottom right side and click on merge channels but sometimes this is greyed out do i had to open a new white layer of the same size and the copy and paste those layers into the separate RGB layers of the new white layer, then manually move the layers around until they all line up, alittle tricky and i`m sure there`s an easier way to do this so any help much appreciated. 

Looks good, if a little loud :D

I seem to remember a post by Glider, he recommended using the first sub from the first channel as a reference image in DSS to ensure your other channels align correctly.

yes i think i remember something about that too now, will look into it, thanks,

yes does look alittle loud, on my pc in the house it looks totally different 

Rob

I use registar, but then you have to buy that one, but i am sure too there was a post by Glider how to do it without that

i remembered how to do it in DSS, you add the frame you want to align to and make it the reference frame in DSS but don`t tick it.

it doesn`t seem to rotate the frames though in DSS.

anyway i`ve added two more images to the first post.

Super images Rob... a little better now you've tamed the colours :)

Hubble Palette my fav too I think.

Regards

Steve