• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

70 hour widefield, Soul but not Heart...

Guest ollypenrice

Guest ollypenrice

For a change, the Soul is placed top right and not bottom left to the dominant Heart. In the lower left we have VdB14 and 15, a pair of insanely faint reflection nebulae. Separating these corners we see Sharpless 202, a huge and characteristically diffuse and faint emission nebula. Who was Sharpless? He has a lot to answer for. I must look him up! And near the middle we have Stock 23. Damn, who was Stock? More homework!!  :facepalm:

About 70 hours and 6 panels with luminance only for the bottom left (10.5 hours) and OIII only for the top right (6 hours), the bulk just being Ha-RGB. Ha added to red. Tandem dual Tak FSQ106N/Mesu 200/Atik 11000 and SXVH36.

In collaboration with Tom O'Donoghue and Yves Van den Broek but all data shot here in SE France.

VDB14%2015%20TO%20SOUL%20Web-M.jpg

Bigger; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-J6hBf6k/0/X3/VDB14%2015%20TO%20SOUL%20Web-X3.jpg

About two thirds of full; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-J6hBf6k/0/O/VDB14%2015%20TO%20SOUL%20Web.jpg

Olly

Olly, that is just mind blowingly good. I don't even know where to begin! Incredible. I wonder if the missus fancies a trip to the south of France sometime ;)