• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Surrey

Guest geoflewis

Guest geoflewis

Hi to everyone from EMS that I met at Kelling Heath over the past week. I really enjoyed sharing the Blue field with you all. Thanks Martin for suggesting I sign up to EMS, I look forward to keeping track of what you are all doing and meeting everyone again at future star parties, so hopefully I can secure a Blue field pitch in future.

Cheers, Geof

Guest geoflewis

Hi Ron, me too, though I did make some notes in my iPhone. I got to know Phil with lovely brass BCF scope and Martin and Chris with the 12" Dob who like me arrived earlier in the week and I was very pleased to get suberb views through both of their scopes. Then there was Sheila and Steve shooting the 'Pelican' in tandem narrowband, plus Rob and Noel after which my memory starts to fail - sorry. Everyonel made me very welcome, so I'm really pleased to join your forum.

FWIW, I was the guy guarding the toilet block, with the very small ridge tent, a 10" Meade LX200GPS and a toilet tent (how appropriate) as an observing hide for my laptop....!!

Geof

Guest alfieboy

Hiya Geoff,

Welcome to the best forum on tinternet .... We meet on Friday you should remember as I lost the dec mount cable to cg5 and spent the night with bins... Anyway good to see you on the site and enjoyed the weekend so much and seeing the Milky Way was fantastic glad you enjoyed.... Also thanks to philjay and Ron and baz and daz type r and condor Paul .....plus the great smell of Sheila's cooking (Sunday roast on Saturday hmmmmmm) a big thank you to you all great weekend

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You probably walked past me to get to Sheila and Stephen (the 8" dob sat on a table), as I was the next tent along.

Glad you signed up, hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Geoff, a warm welcome to EMS.

Nice to see you again. Other than a few muggles in the chalets, it was nice and dark on the blue field. I hope your images turn out, and look forward to seeing how you got on.

I suspect that now there's all that data, it might take some sorting out.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Guest geoflewis

Hi Martyn and everyone else who already welcomed me to the group ;-).

I've processed a couple of my images, so here is a link to my M31 from Saturday on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/geoflewis/15368845186/

Not sure if that will work, or if there is a better way to share images on this forum, so if there is please let me know.

Cheers,

Geof

Guest geoflewis

Hi Cazz, thanks for the welcome. Thats a pity, you missed a pretty good one this year, as it wasn't as cold as last year with some reasonable seeing especially over the main week end. Why wasn't astro dog allowed in, I thought that Kelling Heath was 'pet friendly'? Geof

Hi Cazz, thanks for the welcome. Thats a pity, you missed a pretty good one this year, as it wasn't as cold as last year with some reasonable seeing especially over the main week end. Why wasn't astro dog allowed in, I thought that Kelling Heath was 'pet friendly'? Geof

Dogs are only allowed on the red field, which was of course fully booked by the time we realised.

They might have all been booked up, but having walked around the red field, there were a lot of pitches that were empty. It's a shame they didn't put them back on the market for others to benefit from, or even just let it go so someone could get some use out of it.

They might have all been booked up, but having walked around the red field, there were a lot of pitches that were empty. It's a shame they didn't put them back on the market for others to benefit from, or even just let it go so someone could get some use out of it.

That is a shame, next time hopefully. As wayne had a week booked off, we had to have a holiday somewhere, so we went to Scarborough instead, the dog blog is updated. :D

There were also a lot of dogs on our field, it'd be nice if they enforced the rules :/

:angry: it would be, it's also not nice for people who want and book dog free fields!! Were they camping on the blue field?