• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My 1st M42 very rough n ready

Perkil8r

This is a single 10 sec exposure at 1600 no processing at all. Made a school boy error of shooting as JPG too... still, I'm happy for a first attempt after the other nights trial run. I need to work on my focusing quite a bit I know, it was litterally just a quick attempt to see if anything I did since last time had worked.

Thanks folks. Going to try again obviously. This time I'll spend a bit more time focusing and remember to shoot in RAW not JPG! lol. Maybe then I'll be able to have a better play with deep sky stacker, which it has to be said seems very complex for a beginer. I only took those two quick snaps, I'll try and get some longer exposures, shorter ones and various ISO's too. I did take a couple of darks, but so far I've been unable to do anything with them in DSS as I think it dislikes JPGs lol.