• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My First Time !

Guest StevenWhatley

2nd process looking much sharper! Nice work.

Did you stack a few images or is that a single frame? Have you used PIPP at all?

I'm hoping it's still there tomorrow and for some clear skies... can't believe I forgot my solar filter... Doh! It's such a massive sunspot region. Had a look using "Mikes" wedge... quite impressed.

Nice to meet up and say hi.

Best wishes

Steve

Guest StevenWhatley

Hey Steve..

It's just one image..not used pipp before but it's downloading as we speak as I got quite a few so can hopefully get a bit more sharpness.

Cheers

Hey Steve..

It's just one image..not used pipp before but it's downloading as we speak as I got quite a few so can hopefully get a bit more sharpness.

Cheers

Cool. PIPP I mostly use as a cropping tool and to output the images in  more usable format for Registax. Both worth a play for lunar, solar and I guess planetary too if you have the focal length. But that is a great image for a single frame.

Best wishes,

Steve

Edited by Johnnyaardvark

I use PIPP all the time.

With using a non tracking mount it's great for cropping and centralising the object, loads Canon RAW files too  :)