• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Group Project

Guest StevenWhatley

Thinking as many contributors as possible I thought Steve? Quite a few ED80's in the group, some with extra kit some not. Might be a good idea to draw up a list before thinking of a target etc??

Guest StevenWhatley

Agreed Ron..

Anyone with an ED80 and DSLR maybe CCD if we can sort the mixing of the two out drop me a message and I can then put a list of possible targets together.. I Use a reducer on my images but this can be up for discussion.

Cheers

More is always better Ron. I was merely suggesting that we could optimise our results by combining data from similar imaging rigs, rather than trying to faff and combine data from imaging rigs that are different focal length, field of view etc. :-)

Fairly high and circumpolar I would suggest?

What about M33  ??

Edited by Ron Clarke

Guest StevenWhatley

Yes i did spot M33 as a potential target Ron.. I will pull a list of 5 i think and have a group vote.. so any other suggestions would be good too guys.

Thanks

I have in the combined DSLR + Atik 16ic + Atik 16hr in photoshop, very long process but results can be good.

Haven't tried it yet but I know in Nebulosity 3 there is a align, combine & scale option when stacking.