• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Turn Left At Orion

Maz

Hello all. Recently I purchased a secondhand copy of "Turn Left at Orion" from Amazon. It originally came from Kinkaid Upper School Library. In my eagerness to learn I completely missed the dedication at the beginning. "For the students at Kinkaid , clear skies." It was signed by the co-author, Guy Consolmagno. What a find for less than a fiver. As a beginner it is most helpful ( and I need a lot of help). Thought I would share with you, my delight of this particular copy should find it's way to me. Any ideas as to where Kinkaid school is...USA perhaps?  :wub:

Tweedledee; Pete, I found the book receipt of "Turn left at Orion" & the seller is based in Houston. So I think you nailed it. Thanks again. :rolleyes:  

Tweedledee; Pete, I found the book receipt of "Turn left at Orion" & the seller is based in Houston. So I think you nailed it. Thanks again. :rolleyes:

Good bit of detective work finding the receipt.

I'd not heard of Consolmagno before, but google shows that he certainly gets around a bit, and the Vatican Obsy website is quite interesting.

Tweedledee; Pete, it didn't take long to find the receipt as I'd tucked it in the back of the book, ha ha. Guy Consolmagno won the Carl Sagan Medal in April 2014. The more I read about him the more surprised I am. I didn't even know the Vatican had a telescope. Fascinating stuff. More reading to do....   :screwloose: