• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

DSLR WiFi link

Al.Grant

Hi,

I currently have a Canon EOS 400D and am going to try a wireless SD to CF card adapter to give it a wireless capability for when I use it on the Astrotrac.

I also use the 400D on my scopes with BYE.  I'm wondering if anybody knows if  BYE (or similar software) would be able to detect this camera over wifi rather than a direct USB cable.

I'm planning on using this adapter:  SD to CD Adapter  and this WiFi SD Card

I suspect there may be an issue detecting the camera (com ports) when trying to control the camera via software on the PC, although it should be great for use with the Astrotrac.

Cheers

Al

Guest peepshow

Make sure that your card will work with your camera model before buying it.

I bought a Toshiba Flash Air card recently and only some Canon DSLR were listed for support.

I still can't get the damn thing to work even  on my supported camera. :)

The printed instructions that came with it were written by an ant using its antenna as a pen methinks.

Make sure that your card will work with your camera model before buying it.

I bought a Toshiba Flash Air card recently and only some Canon DSLR were listed for support.

I still can't get the damn thing to work even  on my supported camera. :)

The printed instructions that came with it were written by an ant using its antenna as a pen methinks.

Thanks ... I'll have a root around on the web to see if I can see what cameras are supported.

Al