• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

lnterstellar

Tweedledee

Just seen Interstellar tonight. What a film!!

Needs a bit of concentration, but I think it has all the ingredients EMSer's would like.

Mind blowing stuff, best seen on the big screen.

• Like 1

Total agree Pete what about  that planet on the edge of the black hole and that poor guy in the mother ship 23 years phew

Went to the Derby Lux Cinema (Directors Lounge) last week Sunday, great seats, digital projection, etc nice big sofa style seats, enjoyed a reasonable priced bottle of Red during the film too, plus at the price they charge for the Directors lounge everyone wants to watch the film :)  total silence plus they sell booze to take in or go out and purchase more result  :facepalm:

Pete did you have problems with the dialogue? apparently a few critics and film goes have said that its hard to hear some of the film i personally didn't have any issues,  2hrs and 40 min of what I can only say is one of the best films I have every seen ( last one before this Avatar 3D at the Birmingham IMAX that was total immersion) 

I thought with them actually getting proper scientists working on it then it might be at least okay, but obviously I over estimate these American folk :P

Total agree Pete what about  that planet on the edge of the black hole and that poor guy in the mother ship 23 years phew

Went to the Derby Lux Cinema (Directors Lounge) last week Sunday, great seats, digital projection, etc nice big sofa style seats, enjoyed a reasonable priced bottle of Red during the film too, plus at the price they charge for the Directors lounge everyone wants to watch the film :)  total silence plus they sell booze to take in or go out and purchase more result  :facepalm:

Pete did you have problems with the dialogue? apparently a few critics and film goes have said that its hard to hear some of the film i personally didn't have any issues,  2hrs and 40 min of what I can only say is one of the best films I have every seen ( last one before this Avatar 3D at the Birmingham IMAX that was total immersion) 

Yes, it was a brilliantly conceived film Allan, bringing a few unique ideas together, including a tesseract!

That planet was another spectacular and different idea and the time dilation situation was very interesting.

I'd love to see it a second time, and will have to try the place you went to, sounds great.

I found the dialog fine, except for the part where Michael Caine was on his death bed speaking his final choked up words. According to Wikipedia they maximised the low frequency of the sound more.

• Like 1

Went to see this with my 16 year old son last night. We both really enjoyed it. Very good film.