• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Dobsinian mount tutorial

Guest AstroMineFun

Guest AstroMineFun

Hello everyone! I wan't to share with you something usefull, that I made. When I was buying my first telescope I've been searching on youtube how it really looks like, what size is it or how to use it. I haven't found anything that I was looking for. So when I've bought it, I thought, that I should make a simple review/tutorial of dobsonian mount guide to beginers. So far it helped some people, so I've thought, maybe, someone will find it usefull here :)

>http://youtu.be/ilwc5hmmEiw

Sorry for my bad language, English isn't my first language, as you can tell from video :D

I hope it helps someone :)

Guest Tweedledum

Good for you Deividas, thanks for posting & it looks like you had a clear sky and a great location. Look forward to your other posts.

Great video, there are a few of us dob owners on here who have modded their dob, so you will fit right in.

Hi  Deividas, welcome to EMS.

I am glad you like the Dob, they are great scopes for the money they cost. 

There are a good few guy's round your way and they would make you very welcome if you wanted to join them. 

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/forum/60-east-lincolnshire-astronomy-club/

Enjoy the forum, and if you want to modify your scope to make it easier to use, have a look round the DIY section for ideas. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been on the back burner for several years but I've got plans to write a beginner book that contains instructions on how to use commonly used mounts. I've seen some good beginner books around but never one that really hits the nail straight on the head.