• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from Chesterfield

Guest puckdrop

Guest puckdrop

Hi,

I've been into photography for quite a while, and love star trails and taking photos of the Aurora.

I've had a simple telescope for a while and have decided to jump into observing / astro photography, and I've bought a Skywatcher Explorer 200p on an EQ5 mount. Collecting it this weekend :-)

I'm going to be doing a "night sky" course at my local club, and will probably end up joining there too :-)

Looking forward to learning the ropes and exploring the possibilities :-)

Mat.

Hi Mat, welcome aboard. Nice scope you have coming should serve you well. I'm not an astrophotographer but there are plenty who are on here.

Ask any questions you have, someone will give you an answer.

Hi Mat, a warm welcome to EMS.

That's a popular set up you have there, and should keep you happy for a while. I am just visual only, and I am not much good at knitting cables, but I would if I were you, ask Santa for "Making every photon count" a goto book for astro imaging. Try and get the hang of accurate polar alignment, this is crucial for good images and decent visual tracking.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

Feel free to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. Plenty of help and good advice on here so feel free to ask!! :)

Cheers

Ron