• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A4 Pacific at Sleaford en-route to Lincoln Xmas market

RonC

Nice pics Ron. That's when they made loco's that worked in any weather, ran on time and looked good into the bargain. And they said steam loco's were inefficient.  :angry:

Fantastic. Love to see the steamers. I know the line rather well. (I'm a driver for EMT based in Nottingham)

But 60009 ?  I'm more familiar with its 'sister' engine  :lol:

15337434074_eda7282834_z.jpg60009 by rob.0919, on Flickr

Nice one, I understand that line near Sleaford is going to be very busy with a new freight sevice from somewhere up North to March in Cambs?

Is that 60 photo Sleaford Ron ?

I wasn't sure where it was......but Sleaford is somewhere i'm not personally familiar with. 

Lincoln-Sleaford-Spalding-Peterborough (The 'Joint-Line') isn't one of my routes.

Yes the Joint-Line, they've just spent 2 years and millions of £'s getting it ready for this new freight service!  :)

• Like 1

"more frieght"  - Yes just to shut the main high st crossing more often at Lincoln - but that's ok the last time I heard they were building a foot bridge. Not even my 4X4 will get up and down that. :angryface:

One of Gresley's best especially as it ran in the 30's - didn't realise he designed the Electric line from Sheffield to Manchester via the Woodhead pass - even though some idiot called Beecham closed it after it was completed in the 1950's.