• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A few more targets

Guest Phillyo

Guest Phillyo

So after my last image I posted, NGC7000, I think I said I'd be trying a mosaic of that area. Well I did. And it turned out alright!! I learned a few things about making a mosaic and then tried again, this time on the Veil Nebula. That was captured last night and when it had gone below the horizon I decided not to waste the clear skies so I had a go at NGC7380 - The Wizard Nebula.

The Wizard is a bit small for my set up but it's nice to see a wider angle I think :)

Anyway, images are all below. Capture details are essentially the same as usual.

Mount: Avalon Linear Fast Reverse

Scope: WO Star 71 Astrograph

Cameras: QSI583wsg, Lodestar X2 guiding.

Ha Filter: Astrodon 3nm

Software: SGPro, PHD2 and Pixinsight.

Exposures are:

North American Neb 12 x 600s per pane. Total time 8 hours

Veil 10 x 900s per pane. Total time 5 hours

Wizard 12 x 1200s. Total time 4 hours.

Thanks for looking.

15956307691_305cf43f4a_b.jpg

15799861199_af1f4a5bbd_b.jpg

15798589400_57095c990f_b.jpg

Guest Phillyo

Haha Daz, POTM indeed but which one!? :) to be honest, I'd really like to add some OIII and possibly SII to the Veil Neb. I think once I've done that, and added a bit more time to it I could put that forward for POTM. Then again I have a lovely Rosette begging for OIII and SII data...so many choices, so little clear skies :)

Thanks

Phil